What we expect from a good thesis?
The page gives you a check list on what we expect from a good thesis. If you fail at any of these steps, please do not complain to us.
B.Sc. and M.Sc. theses writing checklist
Find below a list of the most common mistakes made by our students. A more comprehensive list can be found here http://www.ausy.tu-darmstadt.de/HowTo/WritingChecklist.
MAKE SURE TO DISCUSS WITH YOUR ADVISOR WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET 1.0! IT IS YOUR JOB TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU REALLY MEET OUR EXPECTATIONS.
Section Heads and Titles
- Either use American "A Really Awesome Thesis" or British "A really awesome thesis" and stick with it throughout the thesis. Do not mix.
- Never place a comma before that
- Never use This 'alone', i.e., "This is stupid!" should be "This $SUBJECT is stupid!"
- Only add equation numbers if you also refer to them in the text
- Never use the \frac command in inline equations
- Never finish a section (or sub- or subsub sections) with an equation
- all figures should be floating and have a long caption
- no pixelized graphics
- do not use figures from other people without permission